The Santa Cruz Acupuncture Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Clinic
was founded in 2003 by Anthony Von der Muhll, L.Ac., DNBAO, FAAPM, to serve patients with pain, sports injuries, and other neuro-musculoskeletal conditions with acupuncture and other modalities from Traditional Chinese Medicine and contemporary integrative sports medicine.
Mr. Anthony Von der Muhll is the only Licensed Acupuncturist in Santa Cruz, CA who is a credentialed Fellow of the American Academy of Pain Management.
His training and clinical experience includes four years of graduate studies at the Five Branches University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, and post-graduate training and national board certification in Acupuncture Orthopedics.
He was the first Licensed Acupuncturist to graduate from Five Branches’ Integrative Sports Medicine Certificate program, and has served as a Clinical Instructor in Integrative Sports Medicine at Five Branches since 2003.
He combines traditional Chinese acupuncture with myofascial trigger point and neuro-anatomical dry needling techniques. Mr. Von der Muhll’s curriculum vitae includes:
Training and Education
- Master of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Five Branches University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Santa Cruz
- Acupuncture Orthopedics, Lerner Education, Cedars-Sinai Hospital, Beverly Hills
Licensing and Certification
- Licensed Acupuncturist (L.Ac.) #9132, California Acupuncture Board
- Diplomate, National Board of Acupuncture Orthopedics
- Fellow, American Academy of Pain Management
- Certified Personal Trainer, American College of Sports Medicine
- Certificate in Integrative Sports Medicine, Five Branches University of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Acupressure Diploma, Acupressure Institute
- Certificate in Sports & Deep Tissue Massage, McKinnon Institute
- Private Practice, Licensed Acupuncturist, Santa Cruz
- Clinical Instructor and Assistant Professor, Five Branches University of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Contracted acupuncture provider, Palo Alto/Santa Cruz Medical Foundation
- Physical Therapy Aide and Athletic Training Assistant, Palo Alto/Santa Cruz Medical Foundation
- Approved Continuing Education Instructor, California Acupuncture Board, “Recognition and Management of Serious Medical Conditions for Acupuncturists in Primary Care” and “Integrative Acupuncture Orthopedics.”
- Expert Witness, California Acupuncture Board
- Professional Member, California State Oriental Medical Association
- Fellow and Professional Member, American Academy of Pain Management
- French: professional competency
- Spanish: limited, translator advised for initial or complex visits.Professional translation may be arranged through patient’s insurance, please inquire for details.
Anthony cycles, runs, swims, plays racquetball, basketball and frisbee, and enjoys rock climbing and wilderness backpacking. He has also studied and practiced yoga and martial art forms including taiji, qi gong, and bagua.