to the Santa Cruz Acupuncture Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Clinic. We look forward to working with you to address your health conditions.
Before your first visit, please print and complete the following 2 forms:
or, if you have authorization for acupuncture for a work-related injury:
- Workers’ Compensation Admission Form (for pre-authorized Work Comp patients only)
You may also print here:
- Map to Acupuncture Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Clinic
- Directions to Acupuncture Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Clinic
You may view our HIPPA Notice of Privacy Practices here.
Please bring to your initial visit:
- Completed New Patient Admission or Workers’ Compensation Admission Form, and Medical Self-history forms.
- Your insurance card(s) (see insurance and billing policies).
- A prioritized list of symptoms. Patients are encouraged to bring family members or associates to assist with describing symptoms and medical history.
- Any physician referrals, reports, MRI studies etc.
- A list of current prescription medications.
- Form of payment (cash, check, or Visa/MasterCard).
- Your schedule, so that you may re-schedule as needed.
At your first visit, we will:
- Discuss your health history and symptoms
- Peform a physical examination of problem area(s)
- Screen for common medical conditions
- Provide you with diagnoses and a treatment plan
- Provide an initial acupuncture treatment
The treatment plan includes:
- The number, duration, modalities and costs of treatment
- Projected benefits, as well as any risks or side-effects
- Alternative or complementary treatment options and referrals, if/as appropriate
During acupuncture, patients typically lie comfortably on a table for 20-30 minutes. Massage, electro-therapy, suction cupping and gua sha, and other healing modalities may be used. Exercise instruction and counseling regarding lifestyle, nutrition, and herbal supplements may be provided.
Most patients return to normal activities right away. Very ill, frail or elderly patients should not plan to drive immediately following treatment. Please arrange for a companion driver or alternative transportation, if appropriate.
Not sure you’ll want acupuncture on the first visit?
You may request a 1/2-hour consultation only, without treatment, to assess your complaints and to help you decide whether to try acupuncture.
To request an initial consultation or treatment, please:
We’ll respond as soon as we can, always within 1 business day.